Integrated Ph.D. Programme is a research programme. At the end of the successful completion, Master of Science and Ph.D. degree are awarded.
- The first three semesters will consist of core and elective courses specialized in Physics.
- The fourth semester will consist of advanced courses and project work.
- After the successful completion of comprehensive and project work, the student will continue with research leading to the Ph.D. degree.
- The maximum duration of the Integrated Ph.D. programme is 14 semesters.
- The students will be awarded Institute scholarship of Rs. 10,000/- per month until the successful completion of the coursework and comprehensive examination provided the student maintains a minimum AGPA (annual grade point average) of 6.0.
- After clearing the comprehensive examination the studentship will be made equivalent to that of UGC-CSIR JRF/SRF excluding the contingency grant and HRA.
- The studentship will be paid for a maximum of 14 semesters (including 4 semesters of course work) for each student provided (s)he is in good academic standing.Fellowship stands automatically terminated at the end of 14 semesters for which the student registered.